Friday, September 19, 2008

Mabon Mutterings


Good evening, gentle readers, and and a Happy Harvest Home to one and all!
Yarr, me hearties, 'tis glad greetins o' ye day o' ye pirates i bring ye, yarr!



First, some business. We have a new kitten. Her name is Matilda. She is FRIKKIN ADORABLE. I keep telling people this, and not being able to back it up, since I can't just carry her around with me everywhere. Therefore, I present Exhibit A, our kitten, Matilda:




And, in the interest of fairness, our other cat, the fat, handsome, and only occasionally grumpy Gandalf:

And, I think you all know my wonderful husband Cian, but what the hell, lets throw a picture of him in here too. Just for kicks, lets make it one from when we first met-
I hereby present Cian, age 18, when we had only been dating for about six months, at a mardi gras party:



Doesn't he have the most beautiful eyes? You can totally see why I fell for him.
If you all ask very nicely, I may someday post some more photos from that party....we'll see.

Anyway, I just got home from our caya coven Mabon celebration, and let me just say, what a celebration it was. I think that I am absolutely just so lucky to be able to be a part of such a dynamic, strong, caring, and inspiring group of people. I want to just list everyone, and say how much I love them, and how incredible I think they are, but there are so many I just know that I would forget someone accidentally and end up regretting it.

Suffice it to say that there are those who amaze me, who inspire me, who make me laugh, who I respect, who I look up to, who I appreciate, who have great laughs and wonderful hugs and beautiful faces and tremendous strength and magnificent power, whose love and hope and joy and endurance and talent make every moment I spend with any of them an absolute joy.
Every time I go, I see these people, and I think how blessed I am that they know my name, that they welcome me with open arms, that they think of me when I'm gone and greet me with smiles when I am there. How fortunate am I, that I am a piece of this.

Blessed be, my friends, blessed be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The feelings of warmth and gratitude are entirely mutual. And yay for your altar cloths and dolls at TSW! And also, you'll never believe it, but I've already got another store that wants to carry your spice/mulling mixes, so we'll have to make even more of them. Let's talk packaging soon, and have a great weekend of sewing!

Oh, and CUTE kitten, cat, and Cyan!